A fun, safe, festive way to share old family recipes with new friends.
Who says social distancing has to mean the end of socializing? Just because we can’t mix-n-mingle in person this holiday season doesn’t mean we can’t have fun. With a little creativity and preparation, we can still enjoy each other’s company, virtually! What better way to do so then with a good old fashion cookie swap?! I figured everything else has gone virtual, so why not the cookie swap too? This year, let’s put a modern spin on this classic exchange by swapping recipes from the comfort of our own home. It’s a pandemic friendly way to celebrate the holiday season while making new friends and discovering delicious new recipes. So let’s dust off our recipe books, grab our oven mitts and Christmas like it’s 2019!￼
￼Here’s how it works…
- Fill out the sign-up sheet by Friday November 27, 2020.
- I will assign partners then you will receive an email with your partner’s contact information.
- You will swap your favorite cookie recipe with your partner.
- You are then responsible for baking, photographing and sharing your creation at our virtual swap.
- Dress for the occasion. Wearing an ugly holiday sweaters isn’t required, but is encouraged. One lucky participant wearing the best hideous sweater will win a cookie press by Wilton.
- Feel free to whip up a cocktail or mock-tail to pair with your cookie.
- RSVP by filling out the sign-up sheet by November 27, 2020.
- Emails regarding your partner’s contact information will be sent out on December 1, 2020. Please connect with your partner immediately.
- The virtual cookie swap will be held on December 12, 2020 at 5:00 P.M via Google Meet.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
Cookie swap rules:
- Swap one cookie recipe with your partner.
- Make sure the recipe is either a family favorite or one you have tested in your own kitchen.
- Keep the shopping list under $20.
- Post your final product on Facebook. Remember to tag Suga Bakers (@sugabakerbakery ) and your partner in the post.
- Describe your experience with the recipe in five minutes or less during the virtual event.
Sign Up Here: